In honor of the holiday and my love of lists, here is a list of all the simple (materialistic) things I love in my life, currently:
- My pretty pale pink v-neck sweater from JCrew. Yes, I will be wearing it tomorrow.
- My new scent from Crabtree & Evelyn, Rosewater. Every time I spray it on in the morning, it reminds me of my grandmother. You heard it here, I love smelling like a grandmother.
- Baked grapefruit. I’ve had it every morning for the past eight days. Little squirt of honey, a lot of cinnamon, and five walnuts- in the oven for fifteen minutes and bam! Warm deliciousness.
- My new white watch my mum got me for Christmas this year. I wear it every day and am thankful for that little piece because it has kept me on time for the past month. That, and I love the compliments I receive each day.
- The oven mitt(s) also given to me by my mum for Christmas. I’ve been cooking a lot these past two weeks and they have protected my mitt daily. Phew.
- The word “mum.” It of course sounds British, an accent I frequently acquire when I’m drunk and out dancing with a fabulous friend. It has been far too long and I’m working my hardest to get caught up so that the two of us can catch up.
And now a list of what I will be accomplishing on such a holiday:
- A ton of homework. My goal is to get all of my work that is due this week done so that each night I complete another item on my make-up work list. Look out library, here I come- bright ‘n early.
- Making a corny workout playlist that is all about love. Gotta freshen up my step!
- Take a walk and snap a few photographs with the camera that was given to me (four) years ago for Valentine’s Day. I love that camera and some of the memories I have caught using it.
Not much on the agenda but I do after all, have class in the evening. I’m missing out on the holiday party in the office, but shhh! I’m thankful because I’ve done great this past week and am down two pounds! I don’t need cupcakes and cookies at my fingertips. Hope all of you enjoy this Monday- don’t eat too many chocolates!