As I was leaving the states super early this morning, I couldn’t help but think about all of which I was leaving behind… and very much so appreciate. Here is a very short list of things that I am thankful for:
- My iPhone headphones. The three-hour drive down to Rockland County in a vehicle containing four kids, Ice Age blasting in the background and a constant argument over who was sleeping where could have been a disaster. Instead, I cranked the Pandora and pretended to be sleeping. Mission accomplished.
- The tomato basil soup at Flavour Cafe.
- That I’m not the only one who flat irons her clothing last-minute… while wearing the clothes.
- That I still know every song lyric to the Spice Girls (and to think that the kiddos had no clue as to who they were. gasp!)
- That The Ruck is still within walking distance to my apartment.
- That at twenty-five I can still party like a rock star until ten in the morning. Sleep for about four hours. And then function without a hangover.
- That my parents understand that I will never be the doctor or model they always suggested I would be. I’m pretty much good at everything and need to dabble for the rest of my life.
- That I haven’t gotten a parking ticket in a couple of weeks (crossing my fingers for my return).
- That I haven’t had an awkward encounter with my landlord or upstairs neighbors in about a week.
- That I actually enjoy my job 98% of the time.
- That I didn’t sit through the last fifteen minutes of the film Willow. Holy crap, that movie is not what I remembered from being like eight years old. They are all midgets! How could I forget this MAJOR detail?!
- That the thought of Black Friday doesn’t even interest me, in the slightest bit.
- That I just re-discovered my love for Chelsea Lately. And that my neighbor has a television for me to watch it on.
And of course, all of you! C’mon, you had to have known that was coming. And how could it not? Whether you stop by my site on a daily basis or if this is your first time, thank you. I love reading your comments, sharing stories, and laughing with you while you laugh at me. I hope that you continue to drop by, leave comments, share with your friends and most importantly, find something to relate to because after all, that’s why I continue to spend so much darn time on here! All kidding aside… thank you, homies!