Apparently I inspired a ton of people to make lists of goals for this new calendar year but so far, no one was as adventurous to take on fifty-two. Just figured I’d update y’all on my progress, one week in.
1. I’ve taken a photograph each day. Thank you Instagram for being so much fun! I think maybe I’ll add a page to display them?
3. I’ve started a new book that I got for Christmas from Santa… Mile Markers: 26.2 Reasons Why Women Run. So far, so great! I think I’m also going to start another page to do a book review or announce the following month’s book so that maybe we’ll have a little book club going. Okay, I’ll put my nerd glasses down.
4. I’m logging in the miles for this marathon slowly but surely. Every one can eat an elephant; one bite at a time. *Reminder: if you’d like to follow my training, find me on daily mile.
11. Two-hundred smackaroos waiting to be deposited already for the month of January. Next goal: actually open a savings account. I know, I know. Don’t judge.
12. Four days of juicing and eating clean and I’m down two pounds!
13 &41. I bought tickets to go see The Black Keys in Boston on March seventh! Now that’s the way to cross off a to-do list.
17. I think I’m going to be crushing my goal of 26 no-knee pushups in no time. I am actually aiming to complete 100 in six weeks. I’ll surely upload the video when I conquer. Total amount of pushups completed this week: 86.
18. Now this was tricky because I sit at a computer all week and am glued to my cell phone. And to top it off, I was with the kiddos all weekend. But Saturday was electronic free. I collected all iPods, iPhones, iPads, remote controls to the television and wii and stuck them in a box on top of the fridge. I did allow the radio; we had to keep our bodies rockin’ and a rollin’!
24. This being my Birthday month, this goal will be blown to pieces. However, with ten days of juicing and ten days of strictly eating clean to jump start my weight loss, the first two-thirds of the month will be cake. I can’t say the same for the remaining week or so.
30. Yup, I’ve been posting right on schedule. You’re welcome!
33. Yup, I’ve been writing in my 5-year journal each and every day. I can’t believe I skipped about two months; those were precious memories!
37. Not only have I not opened my work email on the weekends, I’ve stopped opening it after five o’clock. This my friends, is discipline.
42. Fingernails painted. I got a new color that I’m in love with… thank you Katy! Imported Bubbly (by Essie of course): a wonderful champagne color with some shine. Perfect for these chilly temperatures.
45. Seeing as I’m juicing, I’m trying new juicing combinations/recipes. But being with the kiddos for the weekend, I put a spin on our regular taco salad: cheeseburger salad (sorry no photograph = no electronics on Saturday). Super easy. Cook a pound of ground turkey or beef. Add a squirt of ketchup, mustard and bbq sauce. I really didn’t measure, just eye-balled it until all the meat was coated. Place a serving on top of large heap of lettuce, chopped pickles, tomatoes, red onion, freshly grated cheddar cheese, oh, and some delicious homemade hamburger bun croutons. To make the croutons, cut into bite size chunks and place into pan with about a quarter stick of butter on medium-low heat. Heat for about ten minutes, until the butter is absorbed and then gradually add butter until about two-thirds of the stick is gone. It took about twenty-five minutes but these little bite-sized pieces will melt your heart. The kids loved it (as did this big kid). They were perfectly crunchy and delicious. And addicting.
46. No fast food this week!
47. Okay, I would now like to rename the treadmill to DREADMILL! I did use it… barely. For 1.5 miles that seemed to take forever. I quit and decided to run outside the following morning in the chilly chilly darkness. And then another three miles today. Mission completed.
49. Well, this one is fun. I did have some negative influence leave my life by fluke (and I’m not getting into details to spare this person some humility) BUT somehow, for some reason, the universe just works things out.
52. Oh, I’ve been doodling. I’ve been drawing. In fact, I finished my first ever wedding invitation for a close friend. Want a sneak peak? Just take a look why don’t you!
It’s a late one and I’m sorry I don’t have much “content” to share, but I must get some beauty rest so that I’ll be able to function tomorrow at work. I have four o’clock hours this week so I intend on utilizing that for a long post (or two!).
Hope you all had a wonderful weekend… did y’all stick to your resolutions???