Dear Oprah: You are a reason why I should be single. Seriously. Who puts the 20th anniversary discs on their Netflix queue and cries during each and every episode? This girl. Dear Ex-Boyfriend: This is where I thank you for not deleting Netflix (or maybe not noticing that it still charges your cc each month and I’m reaping the benefits). But like the meat cleaver, I must return/cancel the one item still connecting the two of us. As much as I don’t want to, I have to. Dear Netflix: I will greatly miss our relationship. After about two years, you know exactly what to suggest to me, you always arrive on time, and only once have I had to complain about a scratched disc. No television and no Netflix only means I’ll have more time to cook, workout, read and complete other items on my list of goals.
This is me, complaining about the people who complain (just give me a few seconds here): In the Spring, the weather is too rainy. It’s too muddy to wear pretty shoes, your allergies are running rampant and the remaining amount of time left in the school year is just far too much. In the Summer, the weather is too damn hot, your allergies are still a bother, and you’re bored because you aren’t in school with your friends. In the fall, the weather causes the leaves to fall which creates a form of exercise that is too strenuous to handle, your allergies are still clinging to your immune system and there is no break from school until Thanksgiving. In the winter, it is too damn cold, people don’t know how to drive in the snow and you aren’t receiving as many snow days as you think you deserve. Please, just stop complaining about the weather and enjoy each day. The seasons change in New York and that’s what makes this state so awesome. Live it up!
Had to get that one off my chest. I seriously avoid any social media sites on days like these just because I don’t want the negativity in my life.
Here’s some good that’s happening in my simple life:
- For my birthday, my mom bought me a pair of Birkenstocks to replace the pair that were stolen in Aruba. I couldn’t be more delighted. The question is, which design did I got with??? Fancy or classic? When they are in my possession, I will surely take a photograph.
- A friend and stalker of the blog texted me the other evening saying she tried the egg roll recipe with some slight changes (vegetarian and with rice spring roll wrappers because of the selection at her market) and that they were delish! I love hearing that people are trying my recipes.
- Back in November when I was in Aruba, I got a notification that I had won a $50 gift card to The Limited! And how may you ask did this happen? Well, Diana over at The Chic Life had a little contest going and of course I participated. The gift card arrived in the mail yesterday and I couldn’t have been more surprised! Time to get my shop on!
- My run on Tuesday ROCKED to say the very least. Everything about my day leading up to this run had me weary to hit the pavement: I had only gotten about five hours of sleep the night before, for lunch I only had a slice of Ezekiel bread with peanut butter and a handful of peanut m&m’s, I had forgotten my water bottle and was forced to drink tea (which always makes me pee when I run), and it was after work instead of first thing in the morning. With an old pair of sneaks and Lady Gaga radio blasting on Pandora, I let ‘er rip! This amazing app I use, RunKeeper, talks to you at desired check-points and at half a mile, my pace was sub eight minutes! I immediately slowed down a little to make sure I could last the full four miles I set out to do, but not much slower. I got it done and with an average a whole minute and fifteen seconds faster than normal. I wasn’t gasping for air. I wasn’t even really sweating. I was however grinning ear to ear and motivated to get my push-ups done. Boom and pow.
- I acted like a big girl and did not go to BINGO last night because I knew I had a meeting today at work…. even though it got postponed to tomorrow. Very proud of myself.
- I’m pretty sure I’m losing my mind, but in a very good way. There is this race from Saratoga Springs allllllllllllllllllll the way to Lake Placid this upcoming September and I’m pretty sure I’m going to register with that friend/stalker mentioned above. Details coming soon! [Okay, maybe it’s time to stop calling her a stalker and switch to a more positive-sounding word like follower. Yes, she is my number one follower; and I can make that claim because she has been following since Day 1!)
- I’ve decided to save myself some cash and no longer participate in the watercooler pool at work. Why do I have to pay for water when I can just carry it from home? Or heat up a few mugs of green tea? I don’t and am commited to remembering my SIGG on my lunch break.
- I got news this evening that my friend (aka partner in crime) is coming to visit me the weekend of my birthday! I drove out to Boston last year so this year she figured she’d return the favor. Stinks that my birthday is on a Monday, but that just means I’ll have all weekend to cram in time with friends! Any suggestion on what beach we should visit this year (it’s a tradition)??? [and the header photograph above was taken on my birthday last year, Revere Beach, MA]
That was random. That was a lot of little bits of information. And now that that’s done, it’s time for dinner!
Speaking of dinner, I had a fabulous meal out last night (I couldn’t help it) and will surely share a review soon! Sushi!
What’s your favorite roll to order???