This is a plea to all my female readers out there: where can I find the most perfect pair of jeans?!
Seriously, the task of finding a pair of pants that properly fit shouldn’t be this difficult. I want a pair of jeans, preferably bootcut, that fit the following requirements:
- Can be worn with flats! If I’m going to choose a pair of jeans for the day, I most likely don’t want to be in heels/wedges.
- Aren’t faded on the thighs.
- No low-rise; I don’t need muffin tops.
- No granny pants; the belly button needs to breath.
- The waist fits! No belt needed! See my issue is, my thighs and butt are much bigger than my waist. I always have to go up in a size to fit the bottom half but am forced to wear a belt, which isn’t my favorite accessory. Personally, I think some people should never wear belts. I am one of those people.
When I was ten pounds lighter, I paid a ton of money for a pair of jeans from Buckle. Yes, they fit me like a glove then but now, I look like a stuffed sausage. They also aren’t appropriate for casual Fridays and I have to wear heels. High heels. Now, I’m lost.
To give you all a head’s up, I’ve already tried on the following brands: American Eagle, The Gap, Banana Republic, Forever 21 (p.s… if you’re bigger than a size two, don’t ever shop for jeans at this location), Buckle, Express, NY&Co and yes, even Old Navy. I’d prefer not to spend more than $150 but in all honesty, if I find a pair that fits just right, I’d buy more than one at any cost.
Do you have a perfect pair of jeans? Where did you get them? Do you have some of the same fitting “issues” that I have?
(The photograph above was of me in a cute pair of jeans from BR however a) I had to wear wedges and b) they no longer fit. Story of my life.)