Posted in foodie pen pal on May 31, 2012|
3 Comments »
It’s that time of the month again! No, not my period… foodie pen pals! I’m glad I took lots of photographs this time because my pal was so on top of things, it feels like I got my package ages ago!
Let me break it down for y’all:
- Chewable Peppermint Enzyme: sounds odd but not at all for me! When I was in China, I carried along pure peppermint essential oil and put it in my water so that I wouldn’t get sick. And it worked! Can’t wait to try this when things feel not-so-normal.
- Moo Chocolate with graham cracker pieces: I do believe the beau and I devoured this in one quick sitting just a day after I got it.
- Mango: These freeze-dried delicious chunks were perfect on their own and in my oats.
- Justin’s Chocolate Peanut Butter and Almond Butter: I’ve seen these before but never tried them… and still haven’t. Waiting for cooler weather to mix into my oats… or on to graham crackers for smores!
- Raisins: I haven’t eaten raisins in forever! And forgot how perfect they are for mid-afternoon snacks at the office.
- Barney Almond Butter: Again, waiting for some fresh apple slices or oats to pair this with.
- Greens Superfood: The beau’s mom drinks a big glass of this each day and I’m intrigued to say the least. Maybe tomorrow morning I’ll brave the green mix!
- Clif Kids’ Twists: All I can say is, LOVE THEM! Never buy these so they were a tasty treat. Gone in one sitting. By me. Ha!
- Kids’ Clif Bar in peanut butter: I ate this snack while riding up to Burlington on Friday. Held me over and I could see the real peanut butter added!
This was a super box! And I must thank Elizabeth from North Carolina for it! She doesn’t have a blog but I hope she checks in and sees that I loved every bit. I had written to her mentioning my race, and she tried to keep it as healthy as possible for me- and for that I am very thankful! She bought everything in a local healthy store that takes the thinking out of shopping. Sounds like my kind of place.
I’m taking the month of June off because I’ll be out of town but if you were thinking about joining, go check out the information at Lindsay’s site, The Lean Green Bean.
Read Full Post »
Posted in foodie pen pal on April 30, 2012|
8 Comments »
Well, in true stalker fashion, I stumbled upon The Lean Green Bean. She (Lindsey) created the program Foodie Pen Pals back in September 2011 with only 30 participants. This past month, there were more than 600! I of course had to sign up. And I did!
What happens is you get assigned a pal to send a box to and a different pal will send you a box. Lisa over at Experience Life with Me sent me this wonderful box of goodies:
Two things before going further:
- Next month I really need to take better photographs. I was so excited to rip through this box and eat that I forgot to snap away.
- Next month I really need to pace myself. The food was delicious and those cookies are sitting perfectly on my hips. Just kidding. But really…
Just in case you can’t see/tell what everything is, I’ll give you the scoop!
- Almonds: A personal favorite. This snack is healthy, quick and work appropriate. And my desk is exactly where this container now resides.
- Flat Out Flat Bread: Can’t say I’ve ever tried this but am looking forward to making tuna wraps or breakfast burritos.
- Wild Berry Fruit Leather: These were a sweet treat for me and were perfectly pre-packaged to help control portions. I’ve never purchased fruit leather before but must say they were great pick-me-ups right after work and before workouts.
- Luna Bar: I haven’t had a Luna Bar in probably three years… and this was my favorite flavor (chocolate raspberry). She’s officially got me re-hooked to an oldy but a goody.
- Head Country Original Bar-B-Q Sauce: According to the jar, this recipe has been winning hearts and championships since 1947. Sold in my book. Seriously, she must have read my mind because the beau and I have been wanting to try a BBQ tempeh recipe and this is going to work perfect. I will surely update y’all when we test it out (oh, it’s local of Oklahoma!).
- Last but not least, the homemade chocolate chip cookies: Signature dessert indeed, Lisa. This cookies were bangin’! It came to the point that I had a love-hate relationship with these cookies. See, I don’t typically ever eat baked goods (I don’t crave them or am I a good baker, don’t judge) but these, these were irresistible. So much so, I ate the first whole zip lock baggy within hours! The following day, I sent the beau off to work with the second bag in hand. No if’s and’s or but’s about it.
Curious as to what I sent my Foodie Laura way over in Seattle, Washington? Check out her site here
. She also has a baby bump site (she’s now 28 weeks pregnant!) and I stalked that quite a bit to see what she was craving/repulsed by. I then choose some of my favorite quality items to send her that hopefully she loved just as much as I do.
Do you want to be a Foodie Pen Pal? Check out the information below (I won’t include this information each month) and send Lindsey an email. Do it!
-On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
-The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
-Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
-Foodie Penplas is open to US & Canadian residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.
Read Full Post »