I’ve been a little MIA this week for a couple of reasons. First, we don’t have the Internet at the apartment anymore (for now). Story of our lives, right? This may be a dumb question, but who do you get your service through? The beau and I might bite the bullet and finally pay for it ourselves but we REFUSE to use Time Warner. Is there any one else out there that doesn’t require a land line? Secondly, I’ve had a different kind of writer’s block happening: I feel like I have so much to share/start but I miss sharing photographs. Poo. Positive to that plop: I’m finally working on changing this little space on the internet. New host. New address. New look. And possibly a new name. Can you handle it?!
To jam in as much information into one post, I’ll make short and sweet.
- I haven’t been sharing any running streak photographs on Instagram because, well, it’s been a boring week. I’ve ran every day on lunch, on the treadmill. 9.8 miles ran total with 9 more scheduled for this weekend. Slowest mile: 9:37. Fastest mile: 8:37. Can you handle THAT?! Now to learn to hold it for miles on end!
- I’ve officially found the best french fries in Troy, NY! They are found at Broadway Cafe (on Broadway); they are crispy, they are fresh and they are delicious! Can you tell I had them for lunch this afternoon?
- I got a sewing machine for Christmas! I’ve been wanting to learn for quite some time now and am excited to learn the basics. My plan is to have my own line of sewn items at the store (napkins, tea towels, pillows, etc). Tutorials may be on the horizon as I learn!
- Speaking of learning, I’m on the fourth level of French in Duolingo! And it’s the level I’ve been looking forward to: FOOD! There are seven lessons in this level and I’m on lesson two; I’m still having a little bit of trouble with the word: to eat. My Spanish background comes out a lot and confuses me, but I’ll get it. Practice practice practice! Oh, and I like the phrase “Merci, beaucoup!” It’s got the word beau in it. And egg (oeuf)… it sounds like woof! when pronounced. Makes me giggle each morning in bed when I practice.
- Today I picked out my birthday dinner: tempeh meatball subs! I have no idea where that craving came from but I’m looking forward to a good homemade sauce and Italian salad. I suggested a shortcake for dessert but am not concerned because I could skip the sweets. Excited that my parents will be joining in on the big birthday celebration with the beau’s entire family.
Lastly, I’d like to mention Kitty kitty cocoa puff. He’s sick and we are heading to the vet. tomorrow morning for blood work. He’s lost a lot of weight over the last two weeks and hasn’t been himself. Please send him some positive vibes if you remember. And because I’m prepared for bills totaling over $500 this month, I will unfortunately not be running a race in January. No worries! I am definitely running the Polar Cap 4-Miler on February 1st. I plan on doubling up one month to make up for a missed race. Hope you all have a happy, healthy and warmer weekend! Give those you love an extra squeeze. But not too tightly.